History - Home Sweet Home Museum
A few months after the Pantigo Mill was built, a second mill was commenced on the east side of Town Pond.
This mill was built by Nathaniel Dominy V for John Lyon Gardiner and several other sponsors. The mill was completed on September 28, 1804 and cost 528 Pounds, about $1,300 which was more than any other residence in East Hampton at the time.
The mill continued to operate until 1900.