History - Home Sweet Home Museum
SamuelSchellinger began building the Pantigo Windmill on Mill Hill for Huntting Miller in March 1804.
The Mill Hill had been built up from a natural rise in 1729 on the common at the south end of East Hampton.
Ownership changed over a period of years and the mill was moved to the corner of Pantigo Road and Egypt Lane where it stood for 72 years until 1917 when Gustav Buek purchased the mill and moved it to his 17th Century house, known as Home Sweet Home.
The village undertook extensive repairs to the mill in 1978-1979.